Located in Shenyang, a central city in Northeast China, Liaoning University is one of the national “Project 211” key universities of China and a worldwide first-class discipline construction University. Liaoning University started its international education from 1965. It is an advanced collective for the education of international students studying in China, a demonstrative university for the work of international students studying in Liaoning Province, and an advanced unit for the education of international students studying in Liaoning Province.
Liaoning university welcomes outstanding students from all over the world to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship “University Postgraduate” Program of Liaoning University. When you study here, you can understand its unique history and civilizations. Welcome to study in Liaoning University and encounter with the north of China.
[Program Category: Type B, Agency Number: 10140]
I. Enrollment Category and Majors
1. Enrollment category: Master’s and doctor’s degree students.
2. Enrollment majors: See Appendix 1 for details.
II. Number of Students to be Enrolled
20 students. Our university recommends 20 Applicants to China Scholarship Council, and the final enrollment number shall be subject to the approval of China Scholarship Council.
III. Application Eligibility
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. Applicants within China must be prospective undergraduates or postgraduates. Overseas applicants are not limited.
3. Requirements for Age and Degree:
● Applicants for a master’s degree should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, excellent academic performance, and generally not more than 35 years old.
● Applicants for a doctor’s degree should have a master’s degree or equivalent, excellent academic performance, and generally not more than 40 years old.
4. Requirements for Language Proficiency:
● Those who apply for a master’s or doctor’s degree with Chinese as the professional teaching language must achieve 180 points of HSK level 4.
● Those who apply for a master’s or doctor’s degree with English as the professional teaching language must have an English level of IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 90, or pass the interview organized by Liaoning university.
5. Other Requirements:
● The applicant shall meet the admission requirements of the applied school in academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
● The applicant is not allowed to receive the scholarship of this project and other scholarships (excluding all kinds of one-time incentives) established by local governments at all levels and universities in China at the same time.
IV. Scholarship contents and standards
● Tuition fees.
● Accommodation: the school provides apartments. Generally, the master’s room is a double room and the doctor’s room is a single room.
● Living expenses. Standard: Master’s degree: 3000.00 yuan / month. Doctoral students: 3500.00 yuan / month.
● Comprehensive medical insurance.
● International Travel: Self-fund.
Please visit http://www.campuschina.org for detailed scholarship information.
V. Application Materials
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English), which should be submitted on http://www.campuschina.org.
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. The applicant’s current passport expiry date should be after September 2022.
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof
of student status by their current school.
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. Master applicants should provide the transcripts of the undergraduate. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English.
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must
submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency
requirements. Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant
language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like
IELTS or TOFEL report.
6. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain study and work experience, academic research results, proposed research plans, personal development goals after graduation, more than 2,000 Chinese characters or 2,500 English words. The proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor.
7. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (signed or sealed by the dean of the department, written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad.
8. Pre-admission documents
(1) Register and log in to the application system of Liaoning University: https://lnu.17gz.org/member/login.do Submit the online application.
(2) Examination and assessment.
(3) Pre-admission Notice.
9. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English. The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-
Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6
months prior to the submission date of the application.
11. Personal works. If you have published papers, award certificates and other materials that can prove your academic achievements and research ability, please provide the thesis title, abstract, publications and supporting documents.
VI. Application Procedures
1. Visit Liaoning University website and check application materials for Scholarship Application at http://ie.lnu.edu.cn/International_Student/Scholarship.htm.
2. Prepare application materials if qualified.
3. Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for
Students” at http://www.campuschina.org. Submit the electronic version of all application materials, and send the application serial number (located in the lower left corner of the first page of the application form) and electronic version materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Log in to the application system of Liaoning University: https://lnu.17gz.org/member/login.do Register online and submit materials for review.
1. Important personal information, such as passport name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, contact number, etc., must be filled in truthfully, otherwise the application may fail.
2. E-mails, personal contact numbers, and contact numbers in China are important information required for the admissions process, such as video interviews, notification of admission results, etc., which must be accurate and effective.
3. The above application materials shall be submitted by the students themselves on the websites of “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System” and “Liaoning University International Student Service System” before April 8, 2022. The application materials will not be returned whether the applicant is accepted or not.
VII. Admission and Notification
1. Institute of International Education of Liaoning University is responsible for reviewing the applicants’ application materials and determining the recommended candidates by means of examination and interview. Online interview will be adopted for the examination and interview, and the specific time will be notified by email@example.com according to the contact information on Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
2. Liaoning University will transfer or directly notify the students themselves of the “Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China” (JW201 Form) and other documents before the end of July 2022.
3. After coming to China, scholarship students must be managed in accordance with the Regulations on the Management of Scholarship Students of Liaoning University. The scholarship winner of this program shall not change the admission institution after coming to China. In principle, the major and duration of study shall not be changed.
VIII. Deadline for registration: April 8, 2022
International Student Admission Office
Institute of International Education, Liaoning University
Contact: Mr. Gao, Mr. Pang
Appendix 1 List of Majors for Chinese Government Scholarship "University Postgraduate" Program of Liaoning University
Appendix 2 Introduction and email of some postgraduate tutors of Liaoning University