In order to consolidate the achievements of China-US people and cultural exchanges high-level consultation mechanism, to encourage universities in China and the United States to further deepen cooperative relations, to attract more outstanding young American students to study in China, according to the relevant notice of China Scholarship Council, Liaoning University launches the 2022-2023 China-America Degree Scholarship Program .
Ⅰ Scholarship Content
Chinese Government full scholarship, travel expenses at your own expense. For students who study online overseas due to the epidemic and other reasons, the scholarship funding method shall be implemented in accordance with relevant regulations.
Ⅱ Enrollment amount, Categories and Majors
1. Amount: No limit.
2. Categories: Full time undergraduate or postgraduate students of American nationality are preferably selected. Non-degree programs are not included.
(1) Please refer to the “List of undergraduate and postgraduate majors of China-America Degree students in Liaoning University” for details.
(2) Students majoring in other languages and literature other than Chinese will not be recruited, and translation majors in other languages other than English will not be restricted.
Ⅲ Language requirements
1. All majors are taught in Chinese.
2. In principle, the Chinese proficiency of a bachelor’s degree major with Chinese as its teaching language should reach at least HSK 3. If the Chinese level of undergraduates does not reach 180 points of HSK 4, they need to study in the designated preparatory university for one year.
3. When applying for master’s or doctor’s degree, the Chinese proficiency level should at least reach HSK 4.
Ⅳ Degree Requirements
1. When applying for a bachelor’s degree, one should have a certificate and a transcript equivalent to that of a senior high school graduate in China.
2. When applying for a master’s degree, one should have the equivalent academic certificate and transcript of a Chinese undergraduate.
3. When applying for a doctoral degree, the applicant should have the equivalent academic certificate and transcripts of a master’s degree student in a Chinese University.
Ⅴ Other Requirements
According to Quality Standard of Higher Education for International Students in China, Former Chinese citizens who apply to study as foreign students in Colleges and universities must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than 4 years. In addition, there are records of actually living abroad for more than 2 years in the latest four years (up to April 30 of the enrollment year) (the actual residence abroad for more than 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, subject to the entry and exit signatures).
Ⅵ Registration method and deadline
1. Sign up online. Please log in to the online registration information system for studying in China (www.campuschina.org ). Register online and upload relevant application materials according to the system prompts. Type B application is selected, and the number of accepting institution is 10140 Liaoning University.
At the same time, please visit Liaoning University https://lnu.17gz.org/member/login.do Register and apply for scholarship projects in the system, and upload relevant application materials according to the system prompts.
2. Application materials (for reference, subject to online registration information system)
(1) Highest education certificate (notarized);
(2) Highest academic record (notarized);
(3) Study plan;
(4) 2 Professors’ recommendation letters ;
(5) First page of passport;
(6) The original of physical examination form and blood examination report;
(7) Published articles and other works;
(8) Proof of Chinese language ability;
(9) No criminal record.
3. Registration deadline.
The deadline for registration is July 14, 2022. The school will then organize online written test and interview to examine students’ language proficiency and professional basic knowledge etc.
Ⅶ Scholarship and criteria
1. Tuition fees.
2. Accommodation: Free dormitories are provided by the school, with double rooms for bachelor and master and single room for doctor. Or the school will issue a rental subsidy according to the standard of Chinese government scholarship students
3. Cost of living. The criteria are as follows:
Undergraduate: RMB 2,500 yuan/ month
Postgraduate: RMB 3,000 yuan/ month
Doctoral students: 3,500 yuan / month
4. The cost of living is paid by the school on a monthly basis. Comprehensive medical insurance (please login http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org Refer to the “Introduction to comprehensive medical insurance for international students in China and claim settlement guide”).
Ⅷ Ways of contact
1. Contact: Gao Liang, Pang Bo
2. Tel: 024-62202503
3. E-mail: email@example.com
4. Address: Room 102 of Institute of International Education, Liaoning University, No. 66 Chongshan Middle Road, Huanggu District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
International Student Admission Office,
Institute of International Education, Liaoning University
July 5, 2022